We are looking for a person who has experience as a freelancer in the Ukrainian market. The idea is to obtain relevant information about the Ukrainian freelancing market:
- the most common ways of billing remote workers: what kind of contract employers make with freelancers? In what situations no contract is concluded (the scale of the shadow economy). What are the taxes when concluding such contracts?
- Do Ukrainian clients require invoices or do they prefer to settle in a different way?
- Do freelancers usually open their own one-person business? Or do they prefer to account in a different way (e.g. with an employment contract or a contract for a specific order or without a contract)? Can we estimate what percentage of freelancers run their 1-person businesses and what percentage operate without their own business?
- On which platforms do Ukrainian freelancers look for assignments? Are they more often global platforms (e.g. Upwork, Fiverr) or local (with Ukrainian employers)? It is important here to provide the numbers of Ukrainian users of these different platforms.
- Which portals have the best market position? (Which are the most popular among freelancers).
- Let's assume that a Ukrainian freelancer has found a client from abroad, for example from Germany, England, USA, or Poland. They settle outside the marketplace. Will the client require an invoice from the freelancer? Therefore, will the freelancer set up his own company, or are there other ways to handle this issue? Will invoices issued by the freelancer always be accepted by the foreign client?
- What channels do freelancers use to get paid by foreign clients? (e.g. bank transfer, Payoneer, PayPal, TransferGo, or maybe in cryptocurrencies?).
- What are the popular communication channels - social media, messengers, search engines.
- Do companies such as Useme operate on the Ukrainian market?
- Other relevant information, important when entering the Ukrainian market with an online service such as Useme.