Last updated: 20.05.2020
- Useme sp. z o.o. , a service operator available under www.useme.pl with register number VAT ID PL8992744965, address Olawska 19/5, 50-123 Wroclaw (hereinafter called "Useme") is an administrator within the meaning of the regulation of the European Parliament and the council of 27th April 2016, on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free flow of such data and the repeal of Directive 95/46/WE (hereinafter: "GDPR"), in relation to personal data of Users who are natural persons.
- This means the Useme sets the goals and means of processing personal data of Users and is responsible to ensure compliance with the GDPR and any relevant national applicable data protection legislation. Users' personal data are any data that can directly or indirectly identify them, e.g., name, surname, telephone number, tax identity number, e-mail address, and place of residence, IP address. The processing of personal data means all activities and operations performed on such personal data, including collection, usage, disclosure, erasure etc.
Categories of personal data collected
In connection with the use of Useme website, the following Users' personal data may be collected and processed:
- Account data and profile data: Creation of the Account by the User may require providing information identifying the User, including for example, the name and surname of the User, personal identification number, e-mail address, place and address of residence, tax identity number, the relevant tax office, telephone number, bank account number, type of freelancer (self-employed/employee on a legal contract/unemployed individual), information about special cases allowing tax reductions (e.g., in case of disabled or retired persons). The profiles created as part of the Account can be used by Users for mutual contact, for example, in the case of interest in the Post published in Useme service, for correct identification of Users and for providing the Useme services as an intermediary connecting Freelancers and Employers. All users are obliged to register and provide the information indicated as obligatory in order to use Useme services. Users may share their personal data and other information on their public profiles (i.e., profiles, to which access can be obtained by any person using the Internet), based on their own, well-informed decision to make that information public.
- Transactions: Useme may process information constituting the User's personal data, enabling it to publish Posts, execute Orders, send a message, communicate with other Users, settle Orders, including making and receiving payments for the services provided by Useme. Provision of this transaction data depends entirely on how the User makes use of the Useme services.
- User service: Useme, as part of the Useme service, may collect and process in another way the Users' personal data, for establishing and maintaining contact with the Useme Service department. These data may be necessary to communicate with the User (e.g., to answer the questions asked by the User), but also to fulfill his request or respond to complaints. The contact may be possible by using data saved for this purpose on the User's Account.
- Questionnaires: with the User's consent, by means of questionnaires sent to Users via e-mail or made available directly on the Useme website, Useme collects personal data from Users, which may, for example, include age or other personal data and feedback in relation to the services provided by Useme. These data shall be used for the research of User's preferences and adjusting the Useme offer to their expectations, as well as for statistical analyses. Giving consent to receive a questionnaire, as well as its fulfilling and sending it back to Useme is always voluntary.
Legal grounds and purposes of processing
- Based on the legitimate interests of Useme to maintain the functioning and the security of the website and provide high quality services, Useme may processes Users’ personal data for the following purposes:
- To enable Users to use the Useme website fully and securely;
- To monitor Users' activity including searched keywords, published Posts and manage traffic in Useme service;
- To match advertisements in accordance with the previously viewed content;
- To perform research and analysis of the Useme service, among other things, regarding the operation of the website, improving the operation of the available services or estimating the needs of visitors;
- To conduct court, arbitration and mediation proceedings;
- To use aggragated information for statistical and archival purposes.
- For concluding and executing the agreement concluded between Useme and the User, Useme may processes Users’ personal data for the following purposes:
- To provide service of the User's Account and transactions in Useme service;
- To create and manage Users' Accounts;
- To execute contracts and orders concluded within the Useme service;
- To handle complaints, requests, and appeals of Users;
- To provide payment services, make payments, debt collection;
- To contact the Users for the purpose of providing services, including for User service authorized marketing activities through the accessible communication channels.
- To perform obligations resulting from legal provisions, Useme may processes Users’ personal data for the following purposes:
- For compliance with tax and accounting regulations;
- To ensure accountability under the GDPR, i.e., the ability of demonstrating that:
• personal data are processed in accordance with applicable law, fairly and transparently for the person, whose data concern,
• the purpose of the data processing is clearly defined,
• the processed data is adequate, relevant and limited only for the purpose of its processing,
• the personal data is correct and updated when needed,
• personal data is processed in a manner that ensures appropriate security
• ,the data storage is limited to the strict minimum necessary to achieve the purposes for which they are processed.
• data subjects rights of Users are respected, e.g. the right to access, correction etc.
- Useme is authorized to store the data collected and observed on the Useme platform only for the performance of the aforementioned purposes and not to use the personal data for other incompatible purposes unless the User has consented to this further use after Useme has informed him or her accordingly.
Solely automated decision-making, including profiling
- Useme respects Users’ privacy and do not use your personal data for solely automated decision-making, including profiling, which may cause any legal effects by advertising affecting your legal or contractual rights or other similarly significant effects.
Disclosure of personal data
- Given the need to prevent performing certain functions on Useme.pl website by the web robots, a mechanism of Google reCAPTCHA is used for the occasional study if the Users behavior on the platform does not bear the behavior of the robot. For this reason, Useme may disclose your IP address to Google Inc.
- Employers and Freelancers are obliged to respect the GDPR after obtaining personal data from the other Party of the Order from Useme, are obliged to comply with any obligations resulting from GDPR or any other legal provisions, ensuring security and confidentiality of the data and that their rights under GDPR are fulfilled. They can process the personal data obtained only for the purposes of benefitting from the Useme services and cannot further process it for other incompatible purposes unless the User has given an explicit consent.
Storage and security
- Users’ personal data are stored for the period of their registration with the Useme platform, unless Users have used the Useme services as employer/free-lancer in which case the data are stored for 5 years following the termination of the contract in accordance with the national tax and accounting legislation.
- All data collected by Useme are stored in secure could servers and protected with the use of reasonable and risk based technical and organizational measures and security procedures in order to protect them against access by unauthorized persons or their unauthorized use. Parties related to Useme trusted partners, and external service providers manage data in accordance with the requirements of security and privacy protection.
Your Rights as a Data Subject
- Based on the GDPR, Users are entitled to the following rights:
- right to access to their data and receive a copy thereof;
- right to rectify (correct) their data;
- right to delete data where such deletion is allowed under the law, e.g. if Useme has no legal basis to process the personal data or the data is excessive, irrelevant or outdated;
- the right to request limitation of data processing. The User may demand Useme to limit processing his personal data only for their storage or performance of agreed activities, if, in the User's opinion, Useme has incorrect data about the User or processes them unduly;
- right to object to the data processing, including:
- "Marketing" objection. The User has the right to object, processing his data for the purpose of performing direct marketing, including profiling.
- The User has the right to object to the processing of his data on the basis of legitimate interest for purposes other than direct marketing, and also when Useme's processing is for statistical and research purposes. In this case, the User shall indicate the particular situation, which in his opinion, justifies Useme's cessation of processing data that is subject to objection.
- right to data portability. The User has the right to obtain from Useme his data in a structured, commonly used machine-readable format when the processing is based on the User’s consent or for the conclusion and execution of the agreement with Useme.
- right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data. At any time, the User has the right to withdraw consent to the processing of personal data that Useme processes based on his consent. Withdrawal of consent will not affect the lawfulness of the processing which has been made on the basis of your consent prior to its withdrawal.
- right to complain directly to the supervisory authority. If the User believes that Useme process data unlawfully, he may submit a complaint to the national data protection supervisory authority.
In order to execute your rights, please send a request to the e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org, call: 0048 717232234, or report directly to the headquarters of the Administrator.